The Optimum Bariatric Chair is a fixed-height mobile medical chair that supports weights of up to 250kg, with a large seat size of W 640 x D 530mm. It features high-density foam to provide sufficient comfort and support for patients, while the frame and castor design ensures that the chair can be maneouvred with ease by medical staff while the chair is occupied. It is perfectly suited to clinical settings, with careful consideration given to both carer and patient alike, while hygiene and infection control has been considered on all levels. The Optimum Bariatric Chair is specifically designed for use in clinical settings with requirements for bariatric patients.
The high quality design and construction make the Optimum Bariatric Chair stand out from other chairs available on the market: the shape of the backrest and seat cushion is designed for use in convalescent settings to offer comfort and support; the foot rest features castors on the other side, making it load-bearing and improving the maneouvrability of the chair overall; the armrests on both sides are height adjustable and can be lowered to the height of the seat to make side transfers easy, and giving extra room in the seat area where necessary.
Care Solution: Designed for pressure care management and mobility. Completely adjustable for both patient and carer.
Reclining Seat Bank Adjustment Angle: 96 degrees to 115 degrees
- High-density foam seating surface: The seating surface is designed specifically for bariatric users, with a higher density of foam than for regular seating. This provides correct support, comfort and stability for bariatric users.
- Large smart locking castors: Rear castors feature combined breaking which can be activated from either the left or right sides. It is simple to adjust between directional lock or free rolling. Large dual or single-wheeled castors make the chair incredibly portable and easy to maneouvre.
- Backrest recline: Bilateral and easily accessible backrest tilt controls, with carer tilt control at rear. Recline is hydraulically actuated, meaning no power supply is required.
- Weight-bearing footrest: The footrest can be stood on by the patient to make entering and exiting the chair a breeze, without risk of the chair tipping thanks to castors on the footrest. The footrest can be easily retracted and kept under the seat, even when moving.
- Height adjustable soft-feel armrests: The armrests feature a specially designed shape and materialisation, providing adjustable comfort and support for users. Single-handed adjustment to adjust height, lowering all the way down to seat level to allow side transfers, or for dining. The armrests can support an optional meal tray.
- Hygiene and infection control: Careful consideration given to the hygiene and infection control demands in a clinical setting. The seat and legrest can be easily removed without tools, while the upholstery features water-resistant stitching and sealing around all edges.
- Advanced upholstery: The Optimum Chair features advanced Spradling upholstery. It features a ‘fabric look’ or ‘leather look’ surface with a contemporary colour range, to create a stylish and durable upholstery range that will meet the demands of the toughest clinical environment. Silvertex is protected by the Silverguard antimicrobial system and Permablok advanced vinyl protection.
- Made in France: Made to the highest quality standards in France, each chair is carefully crafted and finished.
Optimum Bariatric Chair Options
- Pressure-reducing seat cushion
- Dual-wheel Steinco castors
- Blood sampling armrest
- Central locking of all 4 wheels
- PU neckrest headrest
- IV Pole
- Oxygen tank support
- Urine drainage bag support
- Shampoo tray for hair washing
- Leg supports
- Range of upholstery and colour options to suit all decors
|| 117 cm
|| 250 kg